POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not for sale anymore (120 kbu) : Re: Not for sale anymore (120 kbu) Server Time
17 May 2024 20:21:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not for sale anymore (120 kbu)
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 15 May 2002 17:14:56
Message: <3ce2cfd0$1@news.povray.org>

3CE2C54A.95E9A567@gmx.de...

> The small bush in the foreground looks a bit like a small scale version of
> the tree.
Hmm, I guess I'm not proficient yet with xfrog.

> Are all plants made with xfrog?

Yes. The tree and the dandelion were ready-made models (I just changed the
leaves on the trees). The others were created from scratch.

> i suppose this is a scaled version then?  If not i wonder what aa settings
> you used, the more distant trees look nicely smoothed.

It's a scaled version of a 1200*1600, with a slight "accentuation"
filtering. I remember seeing recently interesting tips about aa somewhere in
this ng but I couldn't find them.

> Higher quality radiosity settings would probably improve the sense of
> depth between the plants.
Possibly. The truth is that I'm already in the 400 Mb range of RAM use and
that higher rad settings would certainly cause problems.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com