POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Source? : Re: MegaPOV Source? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:54:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV Source?
From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 14 May 2002 18:15:17
Message: <3ce18c75$1@news.povray.org>
"GrimDude" <gri### [at] arkansasusacom> wrote...
> Nathan Kopp wrote:
> > I take it you found it on my site.  Sorry it is not quite "ready to
> > compile", since I don't include either the GUI source (available from
> > povray.org) or the VC project files.  ...but it shouldn't take too
> > much work to create a VC++ project by combining the official Windows
> > 3.1g source with the MegaPov core source.
> >
> > -Nathan
>
>  Actually, I was hoping I could get everything I needed to compile the
> Windows GUI, but I just don't know enough to make it work, I guess. I
> found enough information on your site to make a go of it, if I could
> just get past my own inexperience.

Start by grabbing the 3.1g official Windows source code, available at
www.povray.org (you might have to go through a survey first).  That will
come with a VC5 project file, and you should be able to coerce that into
compiling.

Once you can compile the official version, grab the MegaPov core code and
overwrite the 3.1g code with MegaPov.  Next, you'll have to add all of the
new files to your project.  Once you've done this, you should be able to
compile.

Watch out, though... there might be an extra file or two included with the
MegaPov source code.  I don't think I left any garbage in there, but it is
possible.

-Nathan