POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPOV Source? : Re: MegaPOV Source? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:15:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPOV Source?
From: GrimDude
Date: 13 May 2002 13:10:58
Message: <3cdff3a2@news.povray.org>
Nathan Kopp wrote:
> I take it you found it on my site.  Sorry it is not quite "ready to
> compile", since I don't include either the GUI source (available from
> povray.org) or the VC project files.  ...but it shouldn't take too
> much work to create a VC++ project by combining the official Windows
> 3.1g source with the MegaPov core source.
>
> -Nathan

 Actually, I was hoping I could get everything I needed to compile the
Windows GUI, but I just don't know enough to make it work, I guess. I
found enough information on your site to make a go of it, if I could
just get past my own inexperience.

 In time, I'll be creating a real mess of it all.

 I started work on a Game Development Engine that works quite a bit with
mesh data (wire frames) and I had intended to tie in some MegaPov
functionality, by making it possible to code textures from within the
modeller, and even offload animation routines for side-by-side builds. I
ran into a few small hitches, like wireframe rotations, and ignorance of
VC++ in general (I'm using VB). The plus side to this, when finished,
will be the ability to construct game levels/cut scenes/character
animations from straight Pov code.

 I wanted to start now, on building Pov with VC++, just to make sure I
could. I think the CodeMax stuff is getting in my way (again, ignorance)
and I noticed I could not log in to source safe (or register, or
whatever; duh, must be an intentional defeat), and ended up with
something like 19 fatal errors. I wish I had someone local that could
make it work, and drive some sense into my head at the same time. But,
I'm recovering from a recent surgery, and it might still come to me.
Working under the influence of pain killer is non-productive, at times.

 If, anyone knows of a link to an ActiveX wireframe rotation control,
please let me know. There used to be one from Black Art Software, but
they seem to have disappeared.

Grim