POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : julia_fractal math and quaternions : Re: julia_fractal math and quaternions Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:17:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: julia_fractal math and quaternions
From: Karl J  Anders
Date: 11 May 2002 12:13:25
Message: <3cdd4325@news.povray.org>
Im Beitrag <tr6qdu494cplsqk78e5rf5uo9h92g7qini@4ax.com>, Peter Popov
<pet### [at] vipbg> schrieb:

> Definitely!
>
> I see Erkki got you first but count me in, too.
>

> Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
> Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg
> TAG      e-mail : pet### [at] tagpovrayorg

Hi Peter,

well, I don't know if I have made the intention of this post exactly clear.
I wanted to point out that ( and how, in principle ) it is possible to
program the other types of functions beside sqr and cube for quaternions.

I wouldn't trust my knowledge of C so much to try and make a patch myself,
never worked with a project of THAT size before. You might view my post as a
kind of feature-request WITH hints how to program it ;-)

Maybe we could think about some kind of joint venture to do something like
that, but be warned that I have very serious attacks of real life, 'cause
I've got to take care of my 16 months old daughter ...

Any thoughts about my lengthy post ?!

Greetings

Karl Anders
--
The two most common things in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.
(H.Ellison)