POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Mac] menu shortcuts from preview window : Re: [Mac] menu shortcuts from preview window Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Mac] menu shortcuts from preview window
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 May 2002 13:32:57
Message: <3cdc0449@news.povray.org>
In article <3CD### [at] heegde> , Hans-Martin <hmm### [at] heegde>  wrote:

> On the Mac, the cmd-R and cmd-I shortcuts (start rendering and edit info)
don't work
> when the preview window is frontmost.

This is because the preview window is not dependent on the scene but only on
the current render.  That is, you can close the scene while rendering is in
progress.  Among other things this allows to have multiple preview windows for
multiple scenes without having those scenes in memory.  Having multiple
preview windows for the same scene is possible as well also there isn't
current any user-controllable way to do activate this feature.

I agree this isn't ideal, but so far no good solution to keep both features
has been found.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg