POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : The return of the "Dangling pointer bug" ??? : Re: The return of the "Dangling pointer bug" ??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 12:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The return of the "Dangling pointer bug" ???
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 May 2002 04:55:45
Message: <3cda3991@news.povray.org>
In article <3CD### [at] hotmailcom> , Tor Olav Kristensen
<tor### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:

> But in the last few betas it has surfaced so rarely that it has been
> very difficult to chase it.

Yes, because the bug would only appear in a very specific case.  While I did
not get a crash, I got an incorrect error message and was able to track it
down based on that.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde