POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : duty cycle feature : Re: duty cycle feature Server Time
19 May 2024 20:43:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: duty cycle feature
From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 4 May 2002 08:13:30
Message: <3cd3d06a@news.povray.org>
Hi,
It's indeed cold OUT in space, though you can't measure a proper temperature
(which is caused by molecular flickering -don't know English proper word-
and you can find only few molecules up there (try to catch one and ask it
"Oh eerr hrrum could you tell me err what temper..." it's far away yet)
Of course you can measure an solid object ( say eeeeeeeeer a CPU oh yes
!!:)) temperature.
But the point is the computer is IN the station where the temperature is
more than comfortable (they aren't wearing parkas are they?)
More: in zero gravity, no convection, and if no fan on cpu, the cooling can
be an issue.
Marc

3cd3cb1f$1@news.povray.org...
>Now tell me, does it really have anything to do with shuttles and space??
It's cold up there