POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : lights and tiles : Re: lights and tiles Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:17:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: lights and tiles
From: Hugo
Date: 3 May 2002 10:12:07
Message: <3cd29ab7$1@news.povray.org>
> that means that the light intensity depends on the scale
> you use in the scene! That's nonsense.

First off, let me say that my math education is simple. But seen from a
logic point of view, intensity of light in real life also depends on
distance.. And things in real life also has a certain "scale".. So how can
it be "nonsense" if POV works in the same way?

> The only way one have to compensate the scale influence is
> to choose a fade_distance equals to infinitesimal value

That's true, from what I know.. But instead of playing clever in this field,
I'll give you a link to someone who played a lot with light in POV and knows
how to get marvellous results:

http://www.ignorancia.org/lightsys/

Regards,
Hugo