POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : I/O Macros : Re: I/O Macros Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I/O Macros
From: Steven Vogel
Date: 2 May 2002 19:20:30
Message: <3cd1c9be@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote in message
> For all you guys out there in dire need of I/O for animations
> or just for saving and loading options:
>
> I've made two pairs of macros availabe to be downloaded on
> my homepage.
>
> 1. Pair: Saves and loads a single vector/float/boolean
> 2. Pair: Saves and loads arrays (up to 5 dimensions) of
> vectors/floats/booleans
> Tell me what ya think!

I was putting of trying to copy Rune's water animation because I was worried
about the I/O stuff.  These macros really made it easy!  Thanks.  I got it
running already and it's all because of the ease of these macros!

I had a problem with semi colons on lines 94 & 178.  One gave an error
"error: object or directive expected but found ;" and the other "error:
attemped to redefine array identifier as object identifier."  I removed them
and everything worked perfectly.  I'm still living in the dark ages of 3.1g
because I don't want to keep downloading new betas, I don't know if that
makes any difference.

> (PS: I hope that this makes some neat animations, like n-body
> simulation or particle-system, possible for some newbies...)

It certainly helped this newbie out.  Right now I'm trying to figure out how
to better display the array, but when I figure that out I'll post what I've
got.

Thanks again, nice work,

Steve