POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopy : Re: Stereoscopy Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:24:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopy
From: Harold Baize
Date: 2 May 2002 18:04:23
Message: <3cd1b7e7@news.povray.org>
Well I do use ini files in the generation of stereo pairs, but have not
tried to automate using an application for post rendering cropping.
Usually I like to look at the image after it is rendered and decide on
where to place the stereo window. There are stereo image editing
programs for setting the stereo window using a GUI. I was addressing
Vic's call for stereo rendering without post-processing and the need
for high precision.

I'm intrigued by Ib Rasmussen's idea (see the "moving the vanishing
point" thread) of using  Start_Column and End_Column
parameters to effectively crop the image when rendered. It would
simplify the process considerably and save time. That may
prove more satisfactory to people like me who find the application
of camera vector shearing algorithms too confusing when applied
to existing POV scenes that don't use "real world" metrics. Although,
the placement of the stereo window would need to be decided upon
before rendering.

Harolddd

news:Xns### [at] povrayorg...