POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopy : Re: Stereoscopy Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:28:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopy
From: Vic
Date: 2 May 2002 16:59:16
Message: <3cd1a8a4@news.povray.org>
Hermann,

Thank your for your help. Many critical paramateres have been enlightened by
your detailed description. Some of these are already known for me (such as
vertical alignment and the hard limit at infinity (avoiding divergence)). I
can't diverge my eyes, so I don't have almost "infinite" tolerance against
this kind of distortion. Your comments on this subject are invaluable
for me.

Anyway, the possibility of setting up a correct stereo window using only the
native POV-Ray distribution is a bit annoying. A fully custom camera type
can solve the problem, where the ray setup functions could be defined by the
user. At least the range of right and up vector multipliers should be
changed to produce a correct pair.

Best wishes, Vic