POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Stereoscopy : Re: Stereoscopy Server Time
6 Aug 2024 06:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stereoscopy
From: Harold Baize
Date: 30 Apr 2002 17:52:19
Message: <3ccf1213$1@news.povray.org>
It is interesting how people differ in their use
of POV-Ray. I always keep the camera at
about <0,0,-xx> so I can be clear about where
things are located. My camera is looking straight
forward into the z direction. If I place something
at <0,0,0> I will see it in the render. I set the camera
then create the scene. This also makes it easier to
do stereo renderings because the stereo base is
a simple mater of x dimension shift. Others people
create objects and then move the camera to give a
different angle on the object. If you do that it can be
difficult to position other objects relative to the camera.

Your sample scenes have the camera in an odd location.
I wanted to add some objects to see how they would
render, but even after some trial and error I can't locate
objects in this scene. The camera is at <0.5,0.7,-1>)*0.6
but where is it pointed? Not at <0,0,0> because I can't
see objects placed there.

Confused again,
Harolddd