POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I shift the image plane? : Re: How can I shift the image plane? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I shift the image plane?
From: Rune
Date: 29 Apr 2002 14:35:16
Message: <3ccd9264@news.povray.org>
Vic wrote:
> Bad news: The "matrix" solution is wrong. It works
> only if the camera direction vector is very close
> to the z axis. Sorry guys, other solution is required.
> Other matrix values?

Yes. A single matrix transformation can be used to specify any possible
transformation. Place the camera at the origin facing in the +z
direction and then use just the matrix to align the camera. The first
three values are used for the x (right) vector, the next three the y
(up) vector, the next three for the z (direction) vector and the last
three for the location.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Apr 14)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/