POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How can I shift the image plane? : Re: How can I shift the image plane? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:23:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How can I shift the image plane?
From: Vic
Date: 29 Apr 2002 14:28:45
Message: <3ccd90dd@news.povray.org>
Hi Pov fans!

Bad news: The "matrix" solution is wrong. It works only if the camera
direction vector is very close to the z axis. Sorry guys, other solution is
required. Other matrix values? Manual camera setup including a replacement
of look_at?

solution. Only stereo_base required and scene parsing and transformations
can be reused efficiently. The stereo cache has some problems (sky_sphere
and others), but it could be a good idea.

I'm trying to create my own "Stereo.inc" include file with a special camera
macro to set up a stereo camera. Left and right images are based on the
lowest bit of frame_number, so new clock and frame_number constants had to
be introduced. Animations always have a doubled number of frames, and so on.
This is only an "transitional" solution. Pov should provide support for
stereo_base camera modifier and a double-width output image format, like the
StereoPov patch.

I'll try to implement this feature if I have time to do this.
But now, I've to work on my thesis and 3 other applications.

Best wishes - Vic