POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.books : 2nd Post with Meaning :) : Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :) Server Time
19 May 2024 13:55:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2nd Post with Meaning :)
From: Max Acquafresca
Date: 29 Apr 2002 08:24:18
Message: <3ccd3b72@news.povray.org>
"Mitchell Waite" <mit### [at] dnaicom> ha scritto nel messaggio

> Just to bring a little reality back to the post, 98% of all computer books
> today are written in Word.
> them into a DTP program like Quark or Pagemaker. And finally using Word
> makes it easy to convert to an acrobat PDF file.

I found this discussion only today...
I agree with you: tech books about IT are written mostly in Word and then
processed in Quark XPress, at least in Italy where I live and work. This
helps also the PDF conversion, since XPress has a PDF export filter based on
Adobe Acrobat Distiller that converts a document in a click.
I'm writing now a book about POV-Ray that hopefully will be out before this
summer, and I'll do the final layout in Quark XPress on a Mac.
My book isn't as deep as yours, just 448 pages with a 32 color pages block,
and its main idea is to help Italian people that cannot speak any language
but Italian to use POV-Ray. It will be published by an important Italian
publisher (Gruppo Editoriale Futura-Jackson Libri) and the target is all the
people with no ray-tracing experience at all.

Bye!

Max Acquafresca