POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Security Issues in Povray? : Re: Security Issues in Povray? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Security Issues in Povray?
From: ncryptor
Date: 22 Apr 2002 16:07:26
Message: <3cc46d7e@news.povray.org>
My point is, like Vahur Krouverk pointed out, that buffer overflows should
be corrected. Who knows what will happen one day - at the least, unchecked
bounds are a big source of hard-to-fix bugs.

POV isn't designed to handle vicious attacks, but it should be protected at
least against itself, which also gains a bit of security.

What i suggest is that ALL the source be checked for buffer overflows and
this be corrected, so that in the final version of 3.5 we will have a
completely stable, secure version. This sounds like a lot of work but i
think its worth it.