POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : light_group question : Re: light_group question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:11:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: light_group question
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 21 Apr 2002 17:56:39
Message: <3cc33597@news.povray.org>
In article <3cc32765@news.povray.org> , "jkb" <joh### [at] hotmailcom>
wrote:

> Hmm, apparantly I have misunderstood the use of global_lights.

Did you check the documentation and sample files?

> In further
> misunderstanding, though, even with global_lights on, the light causing the
> second shadow shouldn't interact with the ball, right?

Wrong, it should.  A light_group exists to allow additional lights to light
objects inside it.  Only light is considered, nothing is said about objects.

However, I agree that what you are suggesting is an interesting feature
request (that is, i.e. a "global_objects on/off" switch).  While it is too
late for POV-Ray 3.5 I will try to keep it in mind for a future version.

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich
e-mail: mac### [at] povrayorg

I am a member of the POV-Ray Team.