POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Raytracing Lan Party? : Re: Raytracing Lan Party? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:25:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Raytracing Lan Party?
From: Dave Brickell
Date: 19 Apr 2002 16:44:10
Message: <3cc0819a@news.povray.org>
The spread of people using POV is something that did not cross my mind when
I first thought up the idea. And imigration was something else I never even
considered. It is amazing how a news group can make you feel all so close
when in reality people are spread far and wide.

What Apache earlier on in this thread may be worth considering though, have
a version of the IRTC for POV-Ray users only. I know the the majority of
users that enter the IRTC do use POV-Ray but it is also open to other
renderers such as 3DS Max. I dont know how much interest there would be in
something like this, or whether we could make it different enough from the
IRTC to gain some interest.

I have some web design experience and could possibly get some nice web space
for such a project. It all depends on the demand for such a thing.

Thoughts and comments please.

Dave.