POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Corrupt installation file, sigh... : Re: Corrupt installation file, sigh... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Corrupt installation file, sigh...
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 17 Apr 2002 16:54:47
Message: <3cbde117@news.povray.org>
In article <3cbdd6c2$1@news.povray.org> , "Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote:

> I assume you're not having problems downloading other things than POV. But
> your connection is so fast like nothing I've tried. Maybe it's too fast for
> the POV servers?

There is no concept such as too fast as far as TCP connections are concerned.
It is not even theoretically possible to create a connection "too fast" for
any TCP transfer due to the flow control in the protocol itself.  "Too fast"
connections are nothing more than an internet urban legend.

Everything you see when getting "bad downloads" from any server is always a
connection failure at some point (assuming your system isn't otherwise
damaged, i.e. a bad harddisk of course).  Unfortunately connection failures
are not handled well by any browser also the network APIs provide all the
information necessary to detect a broken connection but browsers just ignore
them most of the time...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde