POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Curved Triangles : Re: Curved Triangles Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:15:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Curved Triangles
From: Hugo
Date: 17 Apr 2002 04:11:33
Message: <3cbd2e35$1@news.povray.org>
> IIRC, the number of faces is something like LOD^2.  What LOD did you
> use?  I find that 5-10 is usually enough, especially with small
> triangles.

I use LOD 1 (your minimum) and only tried low numbers.. I would like LOD 1
to mean the double amount of triangles as the input data... The amount you
use is too high for my purposes, and my machine.. It also seems not
necessary because my input files are usually "almost" smooth enough..

Nevertheless you're doing some great things here, that would be quite useful
for anyone playing with meshes and/or imports meshes from modelling
software.

Regards,
Hugo