POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heightfield and imagemap question : Re: Heightfield and imagemap question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfield and imagemap question
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 16 Apr 2002 01:09:35
Message: <3cbbb20f@news.povray.org>
Michael Smith wrote in message <3cbb5d8d@news.povray.org>...
>Hugo wrote in message <3cbb4b49$1@news.povray.org>...
>
>>How did you scale your heightfield?
>
>First I should mention I'm using Moray...

There's the problem.  I'm not a regular Moray user, but I'm fairly sure that
Moray applies a "scale 2 translate <-1,-1,-1>" to any heightfield when it is
created.  To get your image to map properly, you'll need to apply the same
transformation to it.

--
Mark

The Universe is expanding.
The budget for its exploration is shrinking.