POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Release Candidate? What the ...?! : Re: Release Candidate? What the ...?! Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:15:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Release Candidate? What the ...?!
From: Chris Cason
Date: 15 Apr 2002 14:30:57
Message: <3cbb1c61@news.povray.org>
As Thorsten pointed out, it is not possible to fix all bugs.
We can't go on issuing betas forever. With a program as complex
as POV-Ray, it is inevitable that there will always be some
bugs. What our intention is, is to produce a release version
that is stable, usable, and free of most (if not all) known
-major- bugs. Minor bugs will be there, it's a fact of life.

We within the team have been working on this release for more
than two years and we feel that it's close to the point where
we can release it to the public as non-beta software.

And, as Thorsten also pointed out, once the source is released
we expect that the user community will fix several of the bugs
that we ourselves did not get the chance to do. It is quite
likely that we will release bugfix versions of 3.5 fairly
shortly after the initial release.

-- Chris