POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Scattering Media Help : Re: Scattering Media Help Server Time
6 Aug 2024 08:13:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Scattering Media Help
From: Greg Gargett
Date: 14 Apr 2002 23:06:22
Message: <3cba43ae@news.povray.org>
"Christopher James Huff" <chr### [at] maccom> wrote in message
news:chr### [at] netplexaussieorg...
> In article <3cba2044$1@news.povray.org>,
>  "Greg Gargett" <gga### [at] seanetcom> wrote:
>
> > Done.  The bottom image has a small sphere with simple texture inside
the
> > media.
>
> Ouch...that's very odd. What version of POV-Ray are you using?

3.1g

> Maybe try trimming down the scene. Also, the top version doesn't quite
> look right...too grainy.

The water cube is scaled to 50,50,5.  The media boxed density is scaled
10,10,10.  Probably needs tweeking, huh.

> Maybe you have some coincident surface problem that is just very different
in the second image.

I don't think so.  I'm going to start deleting things and simplifying
textures to try and nail it down.

> What is the "ice"?

The ice is a cube with an absorbtion media.

Greg