POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : isosurface problem : Re: isosurface problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface problem
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 13 Apr 2002 16:31:14
Message: <3cb89592@news.povray.org>
In article <3CB870EA.A5BF09CD@gmx.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

>> Do you get the stripe with both Windows versions?   On Mac OS I also only get
>> a stripe as well.
>
> I get a fully filled lower half with both windows versions (and also with
> beta 15 BTW)

Well, if it is with both versions it then suggests it is some math library
difference (in the pow C library function).  Given that gcc on Linux and
CodeWarrior on Mac OS use two completely different math libraries but the one
used by for the Windows compiles is probably the same it may well be a bug or
non-standard implementation.  Probably some testing on other platforms is
necessary to verify this...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde