POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : no_shadow and photons : Re: no_shadow and photons Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:27:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: no_shadow and photons
From: jimbobjim
Date: 10 Apr 2002 06:27:28
Message: <3cb41390$1@news.povray.org>
"Ari-Matti Leppanen" <ari### [at] ThisShouldBeRemovedtutfi> wrote
in message news:3cb3c5a0$1@news.povray.org...

> Sorry for the delay if you haven't solved it yet.
>
> 6.10.2.2  Shooting Photons at an Object: "If you use the no_shadow
keyword,
> the object will be tagged as pass_through automatically. You can then turn
> off pass_through if necessary by simply using photons { pass_through
off }."

Thanks Ari, I must have missed that - my (limited) solution was to perform
some tomfoolery with the light source positions until the shadows fell off
camera.

you can see the image in p.b.i "starfish WIP"

cheers
jim