POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Source code for the "NURBS surface" image : Re: Source code for the "NURBS surface" image Server Time
3 Jul 2024 02:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Source code for the "NURBS surface" image
From: Hugo
Date: 8 Apr 2002 08:31:16
Message: <3cb18d94@news.povray.org>
Thank you Tor! This looks really promising. Your comments will help me a
lot. I already played with your first nurbs-code, and I see the control
points have to be in a grid. So, it's not possible to insert an extra point
in a row, without modifying all other rows.. I suppose it's very hard to get
beyond this limitation?

But I see your new code allows me to easily adjust weights .. that's a
progress. :o)  I will try nurbs to make interesting transitions between
ordinary primitives.. For example fancy edges of a box.. Next, I will try
some organic shapes.. Well, it seems many shapes could also be done with
isosurfaces (and they are not limited to a grid) but nurbs could be more
precise. I mean, the exact location of a point in a blobbed isosurface seems
very unpredictable to me.. POV-nurbs could very well develop into a useful
modelling tool!  But first I'll have to learn more.

Thanks for your work.

Best regards,
Hugo