POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : povray 3.1g for solaris : povray 3.1g for solaris Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:21:11 EDT (-0400)
  povray 3.1g for solaris
From: Chris Purdy
Date: 5 Apr 2002 12:47:19
Message: <3cade327$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all...

I am not a coder... let me say that first...

However, I just did a compile of Povray 3.1g (generic unix version) under
Solaris 8 with GCC.

I don't have any idea if there is any interest, or even how to package it
correctly, but I have a tarball with the binary and full distribution (minus
z-lib, you can get that from sunfreeware). If any of the povray.org guys
want it for the downloads section of the website, you can have it...  All
that has to be done to get it to work is to copy libpng.so* to /usr/lib.
Seems to work fine.. I did a test render with diffract.pov and radiosity
turned on.....

If this has already been discussed, then sorry for the waste of bandwidth...

Let me know if you want it, I'm just hoping I can contribute my
.000000000000001 % to my favorite graphics package :)

- Chris Purdy
cpurdy @ eta.com