POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New MegaPOV : Re: New MegaPOV Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:14:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New MegaPOV
From: Rune
Date: 3 Apr 2002 13:24:54
Message: <3cab48f6@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   POV-Ray does not support simulating lens flares.
> There's no math in POV-Ray to calculate them. Period.

The only one talking about POV-Ray supporting simulating lens flares is you.
Neither Apache nor I used the words "support" or "simulating". I'm simply
saying that you can indeed "make" lens flares in POV-Ray, just like you can
make clouds, fire, bricks, human characters and all other kind of things,
even though they're not "supported" in POV-Ray and can't be "simulated".

If you disagree, feel free to contact Chris Colefax and ask him to rename
his Lens Flare Include File to "Colored Disc Placed In Front Of Camera
Include File". See if he cares.

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Mar 19)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/