POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : autoclck.mcr not working : Re: autoclck.mcr not working Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:29:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: autoclck.mcr not working
From: Chris Colefax
Date: 2 Apr 2002 21:21:45
Message: <3caa6739@news.povray.org>
Dennis Miller <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote:
> Does anybody know why Chris Colefax' autoclck.mcr would stop working with
> Beta 15? I am in desperate need of its functions - in fact, in the middle
of
> a rather major project that I have been working on for months - and with
15,
> all my files refuse to compile with this line highlighted:
>
>     #local _CM_macro = true; #include "ClockMod.inc" #undef _CM_macro
>
> Parse Error: Expected, 'undeclared identifier', float function "float
> identifier' found instead.
> The macro has worked in every version up to this point.
> Any help would be GREATLY appreciated (essentially I am out of business.)

Unless there's been an intentional change in the behaviour of #undef, I
would say this is a bug.  On my latest compile of 3.5, this scene gives the
error:

#declare A = 1; #undef A

Declared vectors and floats (whether local or not) give an error, although
object identifiers can be undefined.  If others want to confirm this, I
imagine it won't be too hard to fix.  In the meantime, Dennis, I'll send you
a modified version of the macro file which should work OK.