POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Infinite object question : Re: Infinite object question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite object question
From: JRG
Date: 2 Apr 2002 17:48:00
Message: <3caa3520@news.povray.org>

> On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 00:27:03 +0200, "JRG" <jrg### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> > You know that anything out of the bounding box is just clipped, don't you?
>
> Not at all. It separates rays to perform intersection test. But when
> intersection point is outside bounding box but ray goes through bounding box
> then it is visible.

Anyway, you get unpredictable results. You cannot consider what is outside the
bounding box part of the object.
The docs say: "Note that if bounding shape is too small or positioned incorrectly it
may clip the object in undefined ways or the object may not appear at all."

> Also iirc there is a switch in ini settings.
>
> > So a finite bounding_box _means_ a finite object.
>
> I never saw basic trick with bounding box near camera probably.

I'm not sure what you want to say. Which trick?

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov