POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Infinite object question : Re: Infinite object question Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:54:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Infinite object question
From: JRG
Date: 2 Apr 2002 17:32:25
Message: <3caa3179@news.povray.org>

> On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 17:18:56 -0600, Christopher James Huff <chr### [at] maccom>
> wrote:
> > You are mistaken. This message means exactly what it says, the camera is
> > inside the box. It has nothing to do with finite-vs-infinite
>
> #local B=box{-1 0 inverse};
> #local Test = 1+0*x;
> #while(inside(B,Test))
>   #local Test=Test+1;
> #end

This means nothing.

#local B=box{-1 0};
#local Test = 1+0*x;
#while(!inside(B,Test))
#local Test=Test+1;
#end

It's just the same thing. What before was considered 'inside' is now considered
'outside'. This has nothing to do with the finiteness (sp?) of the box.

> In my definition it's an infinite volume which makes an infinite object.

But we're talking about POV-Ray's definition, aren't we?

--
Jonathan.

Home: http://digilander.iol.it/jrgpov