POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New MegaPOV : Re: New MegaPOV Server Time
6 Oct 2024 11:50:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New MegaPOV
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 2 Apr 2002 08:35:13
Message: <3ca9b391@news.povray.org>
news:3ca88957@news.povray.org...
> In article <3ca8303a@news.povray.org> , "Andrew Cocker"
> I would guess not too much is left.  A little tweaks here and there and a
few
> patterns maybe or some new object type also I can't think of any object
type
> missing.  Surely no "big" global features.  With radiosity and photons
nearly
> everything that is state of the art is covered.

Well, I'd *definitely* like to see the inclusion of HDRI, and subsurface
scattering if possible. Dunno about the latter, but I think the former is
possible. Also, am I correct in thinking that there is room for improvement
still in the radiosity solving section of POV-Ray.. I think I read it
somewhere on these newsgroups.. although maybe that will have to wait until
POV-Ray 4.

All the best,

Andy Cocker