POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Volumetric media fog... : Re: Volumetric media fog... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:19:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Volumetric media fog...
From: bob h
Date: 1 Apr 2002 20:01:14
Message: <3ca902da@news.povray.org>
"_Light_Beam_" <fac### [at] aolcom> wrote in message
> Can somebody can help me to simulate an "Atmospheric blue media" like
> Terragen does
---snip---
> the fog is too
> simple and the far spheres looks to be erased by the fog, I just want to
> make them blue-er like when you look at far mountains at the morning...

Easiest way is to use transmit in your fog color.  media is still slow
compared to fog. Try this:

fog {
  fog_type 2 // used ground type so it would fade out with elevation
  distance 75 // I shortened this to enhance the air effect some
  fog_alt 5
  fog_offset 0.0001
  color rgbt <0.5, 0.5, 0.8, 0.333> // decrease transmit value for denser
air
  rotate 90*x // needed so it is oriented correctly for your camera view
}

Only an example of course, nothing more. If you really must use media take a
look at the files posted at either povray.binaries.scene-files or
povray.text.scene-files. You'll need to search for something like "media
sky" or "rayleigh scattering". I found one just now by Nathan Kopp at the
binaries scene files group, subject Scattering media sky dated 11/1/2000.

bob h