POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New MegaPOV : Re: New MegaPOV Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:57:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New MegaPOV
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Apr 2002 11:22:47
Message: <3ca88957@news.povray.org>
In article <3ca8303a@news.povray.org> , "Andrew Cocker"
<big### [at] mariner9fsnetcouk> wrote:

> So, to get back to my original question... what 'new' experimental features
> might we look forward to being implemented?

I would guess not too much is left.  A little tweaks here and there and a few
patterns maybe or some new object type also I can't think of any object type
missing.  Surely no "big" global features.  With radiosity and photons nearly
everything that is state of the art is covered.

Keep in mind that code (and thus the feature it implements) added to a future
MegaPOV is unlikely to be much use for the next official version, which is
POV-Ray 4.0, aka "the rewrite" :-)

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde