POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : New MegaPOV : Re: New MegaPOV Server Time
8 Jul 2024 16:50:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New MegaPOV
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 1 Apr 2002 05:02:34
Message: <3ca8303a@news.povray.org>
news:3ca82a14@news.povray.org...
> You are not confusing POV-Ray 3.5 with MegaPOV here, are you?  POV-Ray 3.5
is
> *not* MegaPOV.  POV-Ray 3.5 includes a few patches also included in
MegaPOV
> and a lot of similar features that have been completely rewritten from
scratch
> and are hardly based on other code at all.

Hmmm.. perhaps a slight confusion on my part. Of course, I thought I knew
the difference between POV-Ray 3.5 and MegaPOV, but probably always saw
MegaPOV as a kind of 'test-bed' for the next official POV-Ray... hence when
things were dropped from the official release for various reasons, I suppose
I thought that unless they could be rewritten to be less 'hacks', then they
wouldn't be included in the next MegaPOV. But now you have explained the
reason for MegaPOV's existence, all becomes clear...:-)

So, to get back to my original question... what 'new' experimental features
might we look forward to being implemented?

All the best,

Andy Cocker