POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Code for NURBS surfaces as mesh2{} objects : Re: Code for NURBS surfaces as mesh2{} objects Server Time
24 May 2024 15:01:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Code for NURBS surfaces as mesh2{} objects
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 27 Mar 2002 18:07:40
Message: <3ca250bc@news.povray.org>
"ahmet oktar" <ahm### [at] yahoocom> skrev i melding
> superb work!! works like rocks!! this code first i have see on pov about
> nurbs!
> only prob. is parsing time naturally:)) i'm also interesting adoptations
> like this
> do you think to develop your code in future?

Man thanks for your kind comments Ahmet !

I'm currently reading more about NURBS.
That is because I have plans to try to make
my code both parse and render faster.
(I think that might be possible if I replace
that recursive de Casteljau algorithm with
one that is more efficient.)

And I also have plans for making macros
that will produce functions for different
types of closed NURBS surfaces.

Other NURBS topics I'm very interested
in are e.g. generation of fillets between
shapes, patch stitching techniques and
D-NURBS.

Tor Olav