POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The Voronoi function and POVray pigments : Re: The Voronoi function and POVray pigments Server Time
6 Aug 2024 10:21:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Voronoi function and POVray pigments
From: Hugo
Date: 27 Mar 2002 14:44:10
Message: <3ca2210a$1@news.povray.org>
Hi Sir Charles,

I read your post with interest, because I've read about DeLaunay
triangulation myself some half year ago. The reason was my attempt to code
such an algoritm in Pov, to reduce the amount of triangles that does not
significantly add to a 3d shape. I had to give up the idea because I'm too
bad in math, and explanations on the net assumed a higher education. It
seems you understand these things pretty well, and you explained them in a
way that I understand.  ;o)

It would be interesting for me to persue this in a way that improves POVs
abilities to make heightfields. I think, the formulas become too complex
when dealing with true 3d shapes. Heightfields are simpler. Now, I'll read
your post again and try to figure out a plan how to go for this project.
Now, I know there are some people here that I can ask for help ... I hope...
:o)   Thanks, and good luck with your journey in the world of isosurfaces!

Regards,
Hugo