POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta frequency : Beta frequency Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:22:16 EDT (-0400)
  Beta frequency
From: David Wallace
Date: 27 Mar 2002 04:26:36
Message: <3ca1904c@news.povray.org>
I've noticed that the betas are coming at a much greater rate than they used
to.  The latest one is meant to last only a week--earlier ones lasted a
month or so.  I'm curious as to the reasoning behind it: critical crash
problems, etc.  Personally. I'd rather see fewer but more comprehensive
releases as I have dial-up and the 7.9MB download is a major pain.  A beta
upgrade patch that does not require the full package download would also be
appreciated.