POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [doc] Need notes on normal bump depth for some patterns : [doc] Need notes on normal bump depth for some patterns Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  [doc] Need notes on normal bump depth for some patterns
From: Robert Chaffe
Date: 26 Mar 2002 22:16:20
Message: <3ca13984@news.povray.org>
version 3.5.beta.14.icl.win32

I have a recommendation for the documentation.

I've been testing various patterns in a normal statement.  Specifically I was testing
the optional bump depth value that one
may specify instead of a normal_map.  It's a bit tricky with some patterns.  I have
added my discoveries to my quick reference
notes page for normals:
http://www.donovansweb.com/~chaffe/xnormal.html

Should this somehow be included in the help documentation?  Note that for the gradient
(section 6.7.11.17), spiral1 (6.7.11.32)
and spiral2 (6.7.11.33) patterns, a normal example is already provided.  In each of
these sections the depth is indicated with
[Bump_Size] in the syntax.  It might be useful to have similar syntax entries for the
other patterns.

Robert