POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap : Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap
From: Hugo
Date: 26 Mar 2002 03:00:57
Message: <3ca02ab9$1@news.povray.org>
> Is it possible to convert it to mesh2? I've never used mesh2
> before because I read it was mostly for importing files from
> other formats.

That's true because imported meshes are usually big and mesh2 is better to
handle this. It's the same data but written in a more efficient way. The
result is higher speed and less memory usage. At the same time it's harder
to read for the human eye, so sometimes old-style mesh is still preferred.

But readability is hardly necessary unless you want to manually edit the
files.. If I get the time, I'll write a mesh2 version for you.. I just
checked the HF_Sphere macros and they are easy to convert.. Let me know if
you think help is urgent.

Regards,
Hugo