POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap : Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:25:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical Isosurface + HieghtMap
From: Hugo
Date: 25 Mar 2002 18:02:43
Message: <3c9fac93$1@news.povray.org>
May I interfere?  :o)  Well, I don't know how slow the isosurface solution
is, but I would go for a mesh. If you hesitate to do this because you
consider the memory it needs, please remember that even with an isosurface,
your input is an image_map. This also needs a lot of memory. If you save a
mesh, you nolonger need the bump map.

As for mesh resolution, it normally doesn't need to be very high. Meshes can
be smoothed (faked). I'm not sure an isosurface will look better in this
case.

Btw, don't worry about asking questions. :o)

Regards,
Hugo