POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Debug EXE? : Debug EXE? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Debug EXE?
From: Chris Becker
Date: 25 Mar 2002 12:28:24
Message: <3c9f5e38@news.povray.org>
Would it be possible to obtain the VC6 EXE compiled with debugging
information?

I've tried to reproduce this floating pointer overflow/underflow on my
Pentium II 450 and have been unable too. Which leads me to believe that
either there's some incompatibility with the Athlon processor, or there's
something wrong with this computer, which really bugs me since it never
occured before Beta 13 and I can't find anything in the changes that would
effect the scene I was writing.

Last night I tried it with Beta 14 and I got a blue screen saying something
like VMM32.VXD has caused an exception. It only seems to occur when
rendering a very long scene. It's not just isosurfaces as I originally
thought because I had it freeze on a different scene where none were
present. Tonight I'm going to try to render the scene with the isosurfaces
running it in VC6 to see if it can pick anything up. However, a Debug EXE
would be of great help since it could detect such things as memory leaks,
damaged blocks and assertions.

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can think of....