POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Finish Map : Re: Finish Map Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:28:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Finish Map
From: Corey Woodworth
Date: 24 Mar 2002 19:37:51
Message: <3c9e715f$1@news.povray.org>
"Dennis Miller" <dhm### [at] attbicom> wrote in message
> Here you go.
> d.
>
> #declare P = function {  pigment {
>   image_map {tga "whatever.tga"
>     map_type 0
>     interpolate 2
>    } } }

Oh wow I feel stupid :( Honest I checked the docs but I was looking for
something simlar to image functions etc.

Ok now I've got some more questions. :) I have a heightfield of the earth
and I want to make a sphere with this heightfield wrapped around it. How do
I do this with an isosurface? I've tried and tried. Do I need to use a
spherical warp instead? Here is what I have so far:

#version 3.5;

#include "colors.inc"
#declare EarthRadius  = 1;
#declare EarthHeight = function {  pigment {image_map { jpeg
"earthbump10k.jpg" map_type 1 interpolate 2 } } }

global_settings {
  assumed_gamma 1.0
}

// ----------------------------------------

camera {
  location  <0.0, 0.5, -3.0>
  direction 1.5*z
  right     x*image_width/image_height
  look_at   <0.0, 0.0,  0.0>
}

light_source {
  <0, 0, 0>            // light's position (translated below)
  color rgb <1, 241/255, 237/255>  // light's color
  translate <-30, 30, -30>
}

// ----------------------------------------

isosurface {
  function { EarthHeight(x, y, z).hf }
  contained_by { sphere {<0, 0, 0>, EarthRadius} }

  accuracy 0.001
  max_gradient 4

  texture {pigment {color White } }
}
I'm sure once I get the hang of some of these more complicated things I'll
be askin' less questions :) I'm still very much a newbie!

Corey