POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray wishlist : Re: Povray wishlist Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:33:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray wishlist
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 21 Mar 2002 23:30:59
Message: <3c9ab383$1@news.povray.org>
Apache wrote in message <3c96143c$1@news.povray.org>...
>3 ideas that will change the povray world:
>
>1.
>I think we should port povray to Java instead. And then we should start a
>render farm that runs on java-enabled phones. So many people with java
>enabled phones, you wouldn't believe it!

Now there's an idea: a worm that infects Java-enabled cell phones, and
hijacks their processing power to do distributed rendering of POV-Ray
scenes.  Just imagine how fast a Beowulf cluster consisting of a million
cell phones could do skyvase!

>2.
>And additionally we should start thinking about porting povray to commodore
>64. I bet many people use their commodore 64 on a daily basis. They'd be
>very grateful if you'd do the job.

I've been thinking about doing exactly this.  Does anyone know of a C
compiler that will output code for the C64?

--
Mark