POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : POV-Ray and Floating point stack overflow/underflow : POV-Ray and Floating point stack overflow/underflow Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  POV-Ray and Floating point stack overflow/underflow
From: Chris Becker
Date: 21 Mar 2002 17:11:28
Message: <3c9a5a90$1@news.povray.org>
This didn't start happening until POV-Ray 3.5 r13, I never encountered this
with r12. I have a scene with several very large intersecting isosurfaces
and sometimes when I try to render it at a high resolution with everything
in my scene turned on (like focul blur and radiosity) my computer will
either freeze or blue screen and then POV will pop up the window that the
floating point underflow/overflow occured.

What is the usual cause of this? Could it be something that I changed right
around the same time r13 came out? Or did something changed in r13 do this?
This happens with the install compile and the VC6 compile.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.