POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Specular Lens Flares? : Re: Specular Lens Flares? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Specular Lens Flares?
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 20 Mar 2002 14:52:07
Message: <3c98e867@news.povray.org>
"Micha Riser" <mri### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message

> Are you still looking for a solution to the problem? I think I just have
> seen the solution for an equivalent problem.

I haven't had time to act upon the previous suggestion made to me, so 'Yes',
I'm still interested in any other suggestions you may have.

Ideally, what I'd like to be able to do, is this:

Wherever a specular highlight on an object occurs, if that highlight is
above a certain brightness threshold, then place a lens flare there, with an
equivalent brightness, size etc. Obviously this wouldn't work (or would be
impractical) for objects with many specular highlights - where a surface
normal is used for example, but on simpler objects it should work ok I
think.

Dunno if your solution will help me get anywhere close to achieving this,
but please let me know what you have found.

All the best,

Andy Cocker