POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : ANNOUNCE: "VOP" - POV-Ray Previewer using OpenGL : Re: ANNOUNCE: "VOP" - POV-Ray Previewer using OpenGL Server Time
3 Jul 2024 13:55:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ANNOUNCE: "VOP" - POV-Ray Previewer using OpenGL
From: Gleb
Date: 20 Mar 2002 07:16:42
Message: <3c987daa$1@news.povray.org>
"Wolfgang Thaller" <wol### [at] gmxnet> wrote in message
> "Gleb" <gk1### [at] sotonacuk> wrote:
> For big arrays, there might be problems with memory usage -
> How do you use arrays in your scenes? I realize they can be useful, but I
> never needed them for my own scenes.

Arrays are useful in most cases, the obvious is to use them for storing
points data, which is closely related to splines.
I consider, that VOP doesn't have splines either(does it?), but one can
somehow implement them with the help of arrays.
As far as VOP is oriented to animation, splines(arrays at least) will be a
great plus.

Gleb