POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Fast sky / clouds : Re: Fast sky / clouds Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:22:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fast sky / clouds
From: Rune
Date: 19 Mar 2002 16:57:06
Message: <3c97b432@news.povray.org>
"JRG" wrote:
> Of course it does.
> First set assumed_gamma 1 THEN code textures (and lights).
> You'll have to mentally re-build all your assumptions on
> colors and finishes, but it's definitely worth it.

Nah, there must be more to it than that, maybe display_gamma must be set or
something.

When simply using assumed_gamma 1, the results I get are wrong. A white
pigment in shadow, which should be 10% white looks more like 60% white,
which is way too bright. When I don't specify any assumed_gamma it looks
like 10% white as it should. My monitor gamma is about 2.2, which is the
default.

> BTW very nice sky, esp. since you used only 4 planes.

Thanks!

Rune
Rune's World:  http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)
POV-Ray Users: http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk/povrayusers/