POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : please... : Re: please... Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:32:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: please...
Date: 19 Mar 2002 12:50:57
Message: <3c977a81$1@news.povray.org>
> Well, be prepared for a dose of politics :) and some philosophy!

Philosophy is interesting, politics... well... *gg*

> I have a Masters in Physics on the topic of Neutrinos so of course
> AstroPhysics used to be one of my favourtie subjects (it still is).  And I

I see!
Last weekend I had the chance of following up a documentation of the
neutrino "telescope" in the Baikal lake in Russia. Pretty amazing. I didn't
know that the lake is clear enough to give the photomultiplier a chance of
detecting the light-cone of a water-molecule-neutrino collision. I only knew
about the huge water tanks build in mountains.

Seeing forward for your physics posts! Do you have some material about the
newest concepts in getting rid of the "neutrino-defect" of the sun?
What was exactly the topic you were working on?

> like Star watching too as a hobby!  After Physics I moved into Philosophy.

Interesting
I'm eger to see the first pics of Hubble after it's upgrade. Unfortunately I
had no chance for outdoor-actions with the telescope for more than a year.
Business is business....

regards,
SY