POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Commercial Povray : Re: Commercial Povray Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:22:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Commercial Povray
Date: 19 Mar 2002 08:44:25
Message: <3c9740b9@news.povray.org>
>   Because making it commercial will make sure that it will lose popularity
> and that its developement will eventually stop (why develop something
nobody
> is buying?).

This is a strange thing I mentioned already. Most people obviously think
that the author of the software just wants to make personal profit. I think
this is caused by Microsoft.
Nobody thinks that the fee ist used just for covering costs while
development is still free and unpayed.

I think you are right in expecting a loss of popularity. Sad but true.

regards
SY